Thursday, January 28, 2010

STRESS

So I was humming along, feeling pretty good, on the elliptical today, nice small lunch. Feeling very productive at work. Then via email, notified of a parenting crisis.

EEEEKKKKK!  Stuck into a couple more meetings, all I could think of was what to do, how to handle. And it crossed my mind I'm being too self absorbed, focused on myself and my body, when what I really need to do is take care of my kids.  I felt sick to my stomach, like I was punched.

I dealt with the crisis. It kind of petered out. Wasn't the big deal I thought it was. Coped, and didn't cut any line of communication. I was exhausted, like I ran a marathon. But I had chicken and green beans for supper, well within the calorie limit. And tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

KCF said...

Yes stress, esp the parenting kind is a huge trap. I was determined not to gain weight over the holidays and nudged up 3 pounds, which came off within the first week of post-holiday mindfulness. I was satisfied that my goal was largely met, and determined to shift gears into the losing phase, January thru June always being my best losing months.

BUT parenting stress crept in. I thought I was weighing myself every day, but you know what, I sort of forgot a lot of days in January. This moring, scale shows that those 3 pounds are back. Time to get back to basics here. Careful monitoring, diligent exercising, but most of all mindfulness mindfulness mindfulness.