Monday, January 18, 2010

Focused on the week ahead

A good weekend. Lots of exercise, including a long walk outdoors once the weather cleared up. Now to plan for the coming week.  Work has a way of pushing me off balance. As does the family. Not possible to remain totally in control.

For starters, I've got breakfast and lunch covered. Dinners, a bit more of a problem, but I've got stuff on board for every night, and I can watch my consumption of whatever is served. I'm trying to move away from beef towards chicken, but not without some resistance. If I feel creative, I've got some frozen salmon to do something with. And the freezer is full of vegetables - some for every meal. I'll ask the kids what they would like to see more of. Definitely the tacos - and I am going to do the next batch with two thirds ground turkey to one third hamburger.

Can I work exercise into the day? My plan is to get up tomorrow, well rested from the weekend, and hit the NordicTrak first thing. I think I can block the calendar to get to the gym one day at work. That's my new gym goal - one day a week. Then Friday, I'll aim at the NT in the basement again, though my experience has been it gets harder as the week goes on because I accumulate my sleep debt progressively through the week.

I'm pleased with the way I'm modeling my veggie eating for the kids. The oldest will eat cooked veggies if put on the table, and the others are seeing what I'm doing at least. There are ways of dressing up the veggies, sauces and stuff, which I am thinking about. 

No comments: