Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Pound makes a difference

What a relief!  After about a week of the scale reading the exact same thing, today at last it was down a pound. Amazing what a difference it makes - it energizes me, motivates me. I want to keep going.

I have been practicing the Beck skill set. I'm planning my eating for the whole day in advance.  I'm giving myself credit when I do the right thing (just decided to stick with the single chocolate square, not going for another even though its only 35 calories).  According to the on-line database I'm using, my calories per day have been quite low for the last five days I've been meticulous about recording. I'm measuring my actual portion sizes, and generous in estimating size when I can't measure.

But I'm struggling with finding the time for the exercise.  Tomorrow there is a big stuffy conference lunch and I think I'm going to take a walk instead. It's supposed to be nice out, and I'll wear some all purpose shoes. Not vigorous, but sustained for most of an hour. I need to plan to eat something then.  Or maybe not - maybe it'll be time for the not eating experiment.  But maybe not the experiment - the afternoon will be spent in a confined room with snacks brought in. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

I'm really disciplined, with other things going on around me. Let's see if it pays off.

No comments: