Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's the weekend... DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!!!

Here I am, 9:30 on Saturday, trying to plan out eating not just for the day but the week.  But oh, the competing priorities!  Chores, laundry, paperwork, bills, kids to care for, activities to plan... And I have to get to Whole Foods by 10 or there will be no room in the parking lot.  Drycleaning is close to that - have I got that sorted out? Or just blow it off for another week?

Shopping lists, driven by meal plans, modified by what is on sale - that sure would be organized of me. What do I need from Giant, Trader Joes, Whole Foods? Is a CostCo run in the cards or even necessary?  Instead, I'll go driven by the clock's remorseless movement forward, scrambling from one stop to the next. Have to get to Motor Vehicles before noon. Combine that with visit to my mother, stop at TJ's on the way back.

One load of laundry is cooking, I spend 20 minutes on the Wii, time to hit the road!  I have some vague meal plans in the head, cannot take the time right now to write them down. Maybe later.

No comments: