Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eighteen Years

My body has been a battleground since high school. Here is a map of the last eighteen years of this war.


Every stage was hard fought - except for the giant drop off the cliff ten years ago. It was easy, at least in retrospect. I did not write at that time, and I have no details about how or why it worked, only a few fragmentary clues, misty in time, but captured in the numbers. 

I was on the NordicTrak every single morning at 5:30 am. I was late to work rather than miss my time there. I had the heart rate monitor as well as the numbers on the NT. I recorded the exercise every day.

I did not write down what I ate. It was "carbohydrates addict's diet", sort of. They have several versions. But I remember making food, carefully shopping and planning and bringing the lunch to work.

More than a year without a significant plateau. How did it happen?

No comments: