Friday, December 31, 2010

Moving On

The last ten days have been a wasteland of inactivity, on the one hand, and excessive eating, on the other. No need to dwell on it. No need to make excuses (though a head cold lingers and could sap my energy if I let it). Just time to move on.

Plans are what I need. Plans, and a new raft of diet books, and healthy food in the house, and the motivational nudge to get out there and start doing things. Clean out the freezer, and fill it with grab and go lunches and breakfasts. I see a big pot of cabbage soup in my near future!  Exercise, adequate sleep, being outdoors... all things I've been ignoring for the past little bit.

Time to get moving. Retrospective hard cold look at the facts to come, but right now, I've got to look forward.

2 comments:

KCF said...

Here's the key I think. Feasting periods are good for the soul IF they have a clear beginning and end. Now, I'd argue that our feasting starts too early (hello 10/31 or at the very least Tday), but more importantly, for me, at least, is getting them to end on 1/1. If I can get back to clean living (all your elements--outdoors, sleep, moving, nourishing food) right away, I won't look back on this feasting with too much regret. It's when it takes all damn January to put the brakes on that I really get into trouble.

Let's motivate each other through the Internet as we were doing before!

In the meantime, Happy New Year's, my friend!

Anonymous said...

XXX
and suc good plans you make!

Liz