Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a Downward Trend, If Ever So Slightly...

This was not a particularly good week for me. Everything feels really hard. I want to turn into a hibernating slug. I'm so tired, with aches and headaches and a nagging soreness in my throat. I'm seriously wondering if I'm over-training, because my body doesn't seem to recover between the strength workouts. I did keep all three appointments this week, and that is good, because I didn't dedicate any time to serious aerobic working out. When my overall calorie burn is as low as it it, "over-training" sounds absurd, but it is a possibility on the strength side. I think about cutting the appointments back to two times per week, but on weeks like this it is what reminds me how committed I really am to being strong and fit.  Here is my pathetic calorie burn for the week, per the magic device:

Some days it didn't even reach 2000!

How did I do on eating? Not so good. I logged the first two meals of every day, but tended to blow off the evening meal, which is always harder to calculate anyway. Then, there was the incident with the apple turnovers.... Rather than share the details, let's just say I knew when I bought them I have a history of finishing them off, and I bought them anyway. My calorie total for the week, if summed up, would still be quite a bit over goal.

But, the joys of weighing consistently almost everyday, and considering your weight to be the weekly average, not any single day!  I am on an almost undetectable downward trend. Each week for the last three weeks the weight has been lower than the week before, and all three weeks were the lowest for this weightloss effort.

Here's the picture:



I don't know if I would be as motivated to keep on going if I didn't have this picture to tell me I'm on the right track. No one bad day - or even bad week - can derail my progress.  It is consistency and persistence that will make the difference over time.

A very small victory, but it's big to me.  This month, I'm going to see a couple of new numbers for the first time, and I should need to adjust the axes on this graph to show the new, lower, results!

1 comment:

KCF said...

Adjusting the graph's axes sounds so exciting! You are on the right track. There will always be rough weeks, but the fact that you're so present in them means you weather them and move on...and down!