Sunday, October 10, 2010

Statistics

Good news on the numbers front this week. But the pattern shows why its so important to weigh every day, and consider my weight to be the average for the week, not the daily point.

I saw a new number this week - one pound lower than seen for quite some time. In fact, I looked at the graph, and the last time I saw this daily weight was exactly SIX years ago - October 2004!  How about that for real progress!

My average for the week was 0.9 pounds lower than last week's average. But on the last day I weighed, I was actually up a half a pound over the weight from the same day last week!  Just a factor of the salty meal the night before, but if that was the only data I had for the week, it would be really discouraging.

Progress breeds progress, as activity breeds activity. Hooray for progress.

2 comments:

KCF said...

Go Nan! I think your taking an average of the week is very interesting. I don't do that, but my considering the month's totals as significant in essence does a similar thing. I even edited my tracking on the my blog to note the importance of the month's overall success (or not. You keep going, girl. You're inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

cheers!

Liz