Sunday, October 24, 2010

Got my Vitamin D

A ninety minute paddle with at least my face and forearms soaking up the sun. About four miles. My arms are really feeling it- as I got more tired, I found how to rely more on the core muscles.

It is truly gorgeous out. Probably in the seventies and sunny. My polarized sunglasses make the color of the trees more dramatic. I went up to the headwaters of my creek where the water really just disappeared. We are having a dramatically low tide, and the water continued to drop during my trip. Since the moon is full, I imagine there may be an equally dramatic high tide later, nut sadly I won't be here to see it.

I have to plan for my eating today and this week- I'll be serving fatted calf most days (due to the delightful though unexpected appearance of my college boy) and I have to work on overall family portions and plan mine in as well.


- iPhone uPdate

2 comments:

KCF said...

how nice that amidst excitement (said college boy), you got a nice bit of exercise and soul nourishing!

Anonymous said...

yay! how fun to see Alex!

Liz