Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jogging

Up and out this morning to get to the gym at work. I spent a half hour on the treadmill and covered by it's measurement exactly two miles. For me, that's a jog, not a walk. On average, that is- I'm doing intervals.

Today I strove for longer intervals at a jog. Most were three minutes long. I'm watching my heartbeat, and I get a bit nervous if it gets too fast. I'm not sure what too fast is, however.

The facts: according to the standard formula, my maximum heartbeat is 165. I saw 92% of that regularly during the jogs. For the first time, today it did not seem like it was continuing to climb. Instead, with deep breaths and focusing on the music, it seemed I could stay at that rate. Previously, I hit that rate and dropped back to a walk because I was nervous, not simply because I was out of gas. Today, I maintained for three minutes at the run and then two minutes at a jog, for the first twenty minutes anyway. Then I stayed at a walk and raised the incline way up, keeping my heartrate at about 80%.

I want to push to longer and longer runs/jogs. I'm definitely making some progress.


- iPhone uPdate