Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to Logging Food

The only way to make any progress is to log my meals. I know I need to track every bite. And swallow, if its beer.  Started today. Knowing I'm going to have to do this will also motivate me to have good stuff around to eat. Starting out a weekend with good resolve.

It would be so-o-o-o easy to blow the whole thing. Making the struggle of the last six months meaningless, as was pointed out to me. I can't do that.  It's summer, and there is plenty of good fresh food stuff to plan food around. There is a farmer's market near my gym - I think that will be my second stop tomorrow. Don't even know what is in season - I've not been cooking much for the past couple of weeks.

2 comments:

KCF said...

Oh, Nan, all sorts of good things are in season. Peaches and arugula, big fat radishes and sweet turnips sliced raw and very thin. Yum. You will be delighted with the markets. The wine/beer/ice cream may beckon, but the fresh salads and fruits are to die for and that really helps!!!

Anonymous said...

bravo!

since I have to be prodded to do a biweekly timesheet and put off my monthly logs to the quarter, I hope there's a treat for you in there for being so assiduous in DAILY recordkeeping

Liz