Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alcohol Helps with Weight Loss! Hallelujah!

Got this link in a newsletter from my seventeen-year-old's extreme fitness gym (he started going there to learn parkour a couple of years ago, and it changed his exercise and eating habits).  I'm too tired to study it, but what I gleaned is some (moderate amounts of) alcohol helps lose weight because of some mumble mumble chemical reaction. Maybe I should never go back and read it thoroughly - just take the conclusion and run with it.

Update after re-reading:  Drink dry wines and spirits, straight or with seltzer or diet soda. Only consume protein and alcohol the day you drink - no sugar, few carbs, no or low fat.  There is a rationale. I'm not sure I care - this could work for me. I sense some rum in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agreed, agreed, agreed

avoid detail at all cost!

Liz