Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stuck in a Rut

Another small plateau, probably started by my brief transgressions. Thinking about it, I've been eating about my target calories each day, except for the one. I'm not, however, eating low carb. And it's not just my evening sweets, but all day. If I think I can stay within the calorie total, I'll eat anything.

This is a flawed strategy. First, it's so much harder to manage the eating if I've started down a carb path. It just makes me crave more and more. But also, based on my body's responses, it really is harder to get the weight off. It feels like, for me at least, low carb is more weight loss than calories alone will account for.

I've also got to get the overall exercise level up. I love what I'm doing at the gum and what it's doing for my body, but I need more vigorous aerobic exercise, too. The occasional stroll at lunch is not enough. If I am going to blast through a plateau and keep going down, I've got to move! Just got to figure out where and when.

- iPhone uPdate

No comments: