Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finding the Right Sizes

I made a slight detour yesterday to visit a Jones New York outlet.  I have always liked their clothes for work - partly because when I was at my fattest, their lines of coordinated pieces were seamless in "regular", "petite" and "woman" - they even have occasional "woman petite" pieces. Being the ultimate pear shaped woman, I need larger bottoms than tops, and only JNY really allowed me to assemble multiple coordinated outfits pulling from all three lines.

I've lost not quite a size, and my wardrobe definitely could use a tuneup anyway. But I found myself frustratingly right in between their sizes. Trousers in 14P were very slightly too tight, but there were no 16Ps to be found. Oddly, the same trousers in 14W were huge and just fell off me. I left all the trousers behind and got myself a nice couple of top pieces in bright colors that go together.

I got home to find my new chinos from LL Bean on the doorstep. These are their fit described as "curvy". These are 14s, one size smaller than the ones I got myself for Christmas. And they are absolutely perfect in fit!

No comments: