| View of Camden from Mount Battie |
My friends I’m traveling with have friends here. A young woman they have known all her life moved here permanently (from Manhattan) last year with her husband, and she now has a brand new, month-old, baby. Her parents, also from Manhattan, rented an AirBnB whole house for six weeks because of the baby. So there has been some visiting and socializing as well.
| Camden Harbor close up |
So its all very chill. We’re walking - I’m getting 12,000+ steps a day - so I feel I deserve my daily ice cream in the afternoon and a beer or cocktail in the evening. I finished a book, but have several more stacked up on the kindle and not making a lot of progress on them. Which is good.
We had lobster rolls from a hot dog cart for lunch and pizza after the boat trip, so it’s not all big fancy food, but we’re definitely eating well!
| Penobscot Bay from our boat ride |
Today, on to Bar Harbor!
2 comments:
I think Maine is the next big thing. Honestly, it keeps popping up as a place to visit and a place to move to. I'm visiting New Gloucester in September for a wedding. We're staying an extra day or 2. So I'll have another Maine report, too! Sounds sooooo lovely, Nan. I'm so glad the weather shaped up!
Nan, I am living vicariously through you, missing my Maine. We hope to get there sometime at the end of the summer, before school starts about Sept. 8. Sending love. Enjoy. Love Alice. I LOVE MOUNT BATTIE SO MUCH BUT MAYBE BAR HARBOR AND ACADIA NATIONAL PARK EVEN MORE.
Post a Comment