Tuesday, February 7, 2017

UGGH! The REAL Flu!

Did I have Atkins flu on Saturday?  Maybe, maybe not.  But I've got the real flu now, or else a bad cold.  (The internet is dodgy on defining how you can tell the difference. Without a swab, it's a matter of intensity and duration to base a guess on.)  I was exposed to a severe long-lasting crud both at home and at work, so germs did their thing.

I've been very lucky in not having colds or flu much for the past few years. It was getting to the point where I was starting to think my somewhat healthy lifestyle was making me less vulnerable.  In fact, I never got around to getting a flu shot this year - really really stupid of me, since they are free at the office.

So poor little me. Sunday and yesterday was a fever, and yesterday was fewest number of steps in 24 hours my fitbit has ever recorded.  The days have passed in a grey haze. I haven't totally lost my appetite, but certainly have no gumption for cooking. Luckily I had leftovers - including homemade turkey soup - in the fridge.

I am truly pathetic when I'm sick. I'm miserable and sorry for myself and don't care who knows it. You do not want to be around me when I'm sick because I'll just moan about how bad I feel.

I have not used it as an excuse to go to the chocolate reserves hidden in the back room. I'm sticking with Atkins, again proving I can stick to something for about a month without a problem.

I'm still eating my salt though, as an Atkins flu preventative. I imagine it as a streamlined version of popcorn, without the popcorn. I always just want the salt anyway.

2 comments:

KCF said...

Ugh, feel better!!!!

Liz said...

Streamlined version of popcorn?!

You funny bunny!
Sorry about the flu.
Liz