Friday, January 20, 2012

Week #4 Session #3

Whew, things do get better.  Better music, better wind, better overall, more fun.  Except for the alarm going off at 5 am part.  As it turns out, I have to speak at a conference Sunday morning, so even then the alarm will be going off.

Today:  the odometer clicked to 2 miles at 26:30 minutes.  I finished the 30 minutes with 2.2 miles, at a speed of 4.4 mph and a pace of 14:37 mpm.  I started each run at 5.5 mph, but didn't hesitate to slow them down. I found my heart rate went to the low 150's but didn't keep climbing and I was not gasping for breath.  I peeked at next week - for the first time, each session during the week increases over the previous day. The first day is three 5 minute runs - I know I can do five minutes, so I should be able to handle this.

Excelsior.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow - this GREAT.

Liz