Friday, January 13, 2012

Week #3 Session #3

Still hard going, but tiny evidence the interval approach has benefits.  The idea is to train my heart and lungs to handle the work of running with less effort.  Today, I went a tiny bit faster overall, and yet my heart never hit 160 bpm.  (OK, it hit 159 very briefly.)  I did 2.1 miles in 30.25 minutes, for an average speed of 4.1 mph, and an average pace of 14.4 mpm.  I'm trying not to stare at the treadmill console during the three minute runs - it's only three minutes, for crying out loud - I should be able to endure anything for three tiny minutes!

Sunday, next week's routines, jump things up considerably.  Luckily, Sunday I'll be able to go at my optimal time- awake, but in the morning.

I'm expecting a big number on the scale this morning.  I had Chinese food last night, and have been drinking water as if from a firehose ever since.

1 comment:

Liz said...

away for the weekend and then a crazy week, so I'll say now - best of luck with the bump up, so glad you are monitoring so you can check any untoward reactions, and you are really doing great (and when you aren't great you are even more entertaining - firehose - so a win-win for your readers)

xx
Liz