Monday, January 23, 2012

Not Going to Lose Weight

I'm all about doing this running thing, but I really do want to lose those last fifteen pounds and get down to goal weight.  So I've been contemplating a blitz to get there.  I got out my Atkins book, because if you look at last year's graph, Atkins really works.  And the current Atkins framework has huge portions of "leafy greens" every day - either salads or cooked greens - and emphasizes plant oils versus animal fats - so it's not anywhere near as controversial as it used to be.  But I'm not going to do Atkins right now.  The book says not to start Atkins together with an exercise program.  It says there is about a two week transition to a very low carbohydrate regime during which you are likely to have much lower energy.  Afterwards, things are fine, they say.

Last year when I tried Atkins, I simply kept up my existing routine of the gym and walks at lunch, and I didn't write anything about losing energy.  I did, however, write a lot about wanting treats and chocolate.  So generally, I'm not thinking I'll ever do Atkins for the long haul, and I'm not going to do it for a blitz right now.

Having thought this through this far, apparently I unconsciously thought that meant I didn't need to worry at all about what I was eating.  SO not so good this week, and not good on the tracking either.  OK on eating at the table, except for snacking at night.  Attention must be paid, or things go down the tubes rapidly. But I want to just stick with WW tracking and sitting down.  That will not help me to lose weight, I think. The points total for WW seems to be maintenance for me. I can live with that, during this training phase at least.

NOT going to lose weight: though I hope constantly, I'm not acting like this needs to happen.  But the two techniques of tracking and sitting down, even for snacks, should keep me in decent maintenance.

3 comments:

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Hi Nan. Yes, that point about sitting down, even for snacks, is a good one. I keep trying to do it. I really think it would be helpful in my case. alice :)

Liz said...

liking this plan to prioritize

strugglig on two many fronts jeopardizes all

this is a very ambitious exercise plan and I think tracking and table are significant weight loss steps, albeit not ones with short term results

excelsior!

Liz

KCF said...

Agree with Liz. You're taking on a big thing now and prioritizing is imperative. Kudos!!!!