Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's Just Life

What's up with me? Why am I not writing here?

It's such a prosaic answer:  it's just life. No big thing, but many little things.

I think about this all the time. I yen to set fingers to keyboard. But I fall short of my aspirations to write, just as I fall short of my aspirations to do better in the diet and exercise world.

I want to:

  • go through my closet and throw away all the clothes too big right now.
  • get all of the discarded clothes out of the house and to a donation center.
  • add early morning aerobic exercise on days I don't have a personal training appointment.
  • get my bike fixed so I can ride it.
  • walk more in the course of the day and evening.
  • buy and cook better food.
  • always pack a lunch.
  • always have a good breakfast close at hand.
  • have fruit for an afternoon snack each day.
  • lose those last 15 pounds to get down to goal weight.
  • pull out my cognitive behavior therapy diet workbook and start working through all the steps again.
  • track every single bite through weight watchers.
  • export my daily calorie and activity data from my magic device and spend time poring through the data looking for insights on how to be more effective.
  • export my sleep data and look for patterns that will help me improve my effectiveness.
  • write more here.
  • build a plan to stop my evening overindulgences:  Change Anything
  • hire a personal makeover consultant to revitalize my closet and take me shopping.
  • hire a closet designer to redo my small closet space into a closet / dressing room.
  • do lots more yoga.
  • try zumba.
  • spend more time outside.
  • go through cookbooks to get some new more interesting recipes.
  • empty and defrost the big basement freezer; start over with good stuff.
And that's just the diet and exercise-related items.

What I am sure I actually will do:
  • keep going to the gym appointments till the money runs out.
  • eat reasonably well during the day.
  • cook some vegetables sometimes for dinner.
  • start out most weeks tracking through weight watchers.
  • get out for a walk at lunch at least once a week.
I might do some of the other stuff. I might not. Life just keeps on happening no matter how hard I try to slow things down so I can catch up.

1 comment:

Liz said...

wow, my little train that usually thinks she can, this is unusual

please note that in your abyss, you are still a smart and funny writer with a great knack for the telling detail and disarming honesty

I LOVED the long list - yea, me too, top to bottom, baby - MAKEOVER, DO-oVER, EVERYTHING


thes econd list has me shaking my head smiling - cook vegetable soemtimes

N, there is NO ONE like you

please keep blogging

hope something fresh and fun comes soon
xxx
Liz