Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Can't Relax for a Minute

Yeah, I lost focus. Almost deliberately started eating badly. For no single reason, just overall stress, I have fallen off the wagon. Last night at dinner I thought of blogging how my big victory was turning down the second portion of tortillini for an apple. Except I didn't. Then I decided to blame it all on ego depletion leading to decision fatigue. Sounds so much better than saying I was tired from a hard day and took the easy way out.

So right now, I'm focused on tracking exactly what I am eating. I'm going to try to remorselessly and brutally honestly write it all down and count it up with weight watchers points. Starting with yesterday. Awareness is the first step towards modification.

54 points for the day. Should be 29. Starting the week behind.

Now, I've got to climb my way back out of this. I can buy back some weekly points by extra activity. I can start eating right this morning. This can happen. Every day is a reset and every week is a reset. Every meal is an opportunity to do things right.

If the sun shines today I will be more inclined to get this resolution past arriving at work.


Sherbert update

No comments: