Friday, February 19, 2010

Plus and Minus

Up and down, plus and minus.

I crossed a 10 pound frontier a week ago. Definite progress. Feeling the success. Noticable in how my clothes fit. This despite my little treat each night. If I'm sucessful with a little treat, how about a bigger one? Why just one chocolate when they are so small, why not five? Go ahead, have the sixth.

Then I had a rough couple of days, emotionally. Hit with a problem with the kids, my first reaction was that I wanted to have Cinnabons for dinner. (but we didn't) Hit with more and conflicting emotions and too much time alone, I baked a cake.

I exercise. I meticulously log everything that passes my lips. Remorsely my device records how much I move-or don't move. Every morning the scale shows the actual impact. Creeping back up to the other side of the line.

Calories in minus calories out. I believe in the physics and math of it. On a daily basis, the results on the scale are more about salt and water and sleep. But over the average of a week, it's the physics that counts.j This week, for the first time since January, the average will be up week-over-week.

It's still down from where I started. And the plus can be turned back into a minus next week. My actions can be scored back into my credit category. Don't stop now!

- iPhone uPdate

No comments: