Tuesday, March 2, 2010

NOT Exercising

I'm ok on my eating, at least for the past few days. But I'm not at all doing the level of exercise I need.  Remember, between thin and fit, I would always choose fit. But that's when I'm sitting on the couch contemplating the choice. But I'm not coming through when the choice needs to be made, to just do it.

When the alarm goes off in the morning, I doze rather than hop on to the NordicTrak. By the time I feel up to the exercise, I've run out of time and need to head to work.  I've been to the gym a few times at work, but as soon as anything comes up in the office, I give up my time at the gym. It's always the last priority. I am walking some, and really loving it, but it takes a really long time to get enough exercise from walking to be really worthwhile. So much time, I only can find it on weekends. I am working smaller bits of walking into the day (park far away, take the stairs, etc.) but I'm not sure how really worth it all the little stuff is.

I want strength and flexibility. That can only come from a concentrated and disciplined program.  I worked with a personal trainer for about a year and learned how far I really can go. I got up to being able to do TEN pushups - that's 10 BOY pushups, mind you, not the wimpy girl "knee" pushups. I could bend and twist and lift and pull.  And I weighed only a little less than I weigh now, but I really liked the way I felt.

I want that again. I want it badly. But I don't seem to be able to do it on my own. It's the lack of prioritization that does it to me.

The way I was able to do it before was through personal training. I worked with a studio near my house, where I did one-on-one training in a private room with one of several trainers that worked there. I liked the trainers, it was fairly convenient, and I had a financial penalty for being a no-show. It is extraordinarily expensive. It is really really worth it.  If I really want this, I will find the money. This is worth dipping into savings for. It's that important.

The only "found" time I've got is early in the morning. I'm thinking two weekday mornings, and Saturdays.  I know I already do not sleep enough, but I'm hoping this will help me sleep, even if at first it comes at the expense of sleep. The next two and a half weeks are not possible, but as soon as I come back from the cruise I'd like to start up.  Perhaps I'll even call or stop by before then, to get on the schedule.  Right after I break into my piggy bank funds.

No comments: