Friday, March 12, 2010

New Resolve

If it's not one thing, it's another.  Things to throw me off track, that is. But right now, I'm on the eve of a cruise, halfway packed and feeling much better, thank you. I made some vows a little bit back about what I could expect of myself on the cruise - time to look at them and see if they are still realistic.

I'm nearly all better from my bout with the epizootus.  But the recoil response is still there for certain foods. I've been listening to my body and it's been saying something different than it usually does. I've had no desire for anything with fat in it, for example. No butter, no margarine, no olive oil. And lettuce actually makes me recoil. Bland carbs and lean meat have been my desire. And small portions. I had chicken noodle soup from a dry envelope for breakfast and it really hit the spot - the right mix of salt and carbs with a hint of protein and not an gram of fat in sight. (Big contrast to ramen.) Luckily, no recoil from dark chocolate.  I need to plan a light breakfast and early lunch to keep us going till after we get to our hotel tomorrow - a cooked chicken might be just right for lunch.  I stopped tracking every calorie because I was eating so little - but I'll go back and re-create today and keep it going from here.

I stopped by the gym today (they call it a "studio") and signed up for renewed personal training as soon as I get back. I really liked the people there and enjoyed being there, besides enjoying how my body got stronger and more flexible as a result.  I'm going for sessions at 6 am - how about that!  While I am perennially sleep deprived, I'm hoping up and out in the morning will result in better sleep when I go to bed (I do not hope for earlier bed times - not going to happen any time soon). The gym is just 5 minutes from my house, so I figure to roll out of bed and right over there, and come back for coffee and shower at home before heading into work.

My hopes for the cruise itself?  Track my food. Know what I'm eating - don't be unconscious. Walk walk walk (I bought more audio books tonight). Don't get sunburned, but get a rosy glow. Sleep when I'm tired. And really enjoy the time with Clara and Mom. 

No comments: