Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The (Mental) Health Part of My Report Card

 It's so hard to measure mental health. This shows simply what I can actually measure. But there is some really good news here:

My migraines, the only thing tracked in red, are on their way down!  I had three months this year with no migraines at all! I had two in January, but each of the other months that show any migraines reflect only one, though the number of hours varied. Sadly, my streak has broken, I had a migraine in early October. (But I got 5,000 steps anyway!)

The rest is fairly mundane. I meditated a lot in January, reflecting both participating in a challenge and also trying to deal with migraines. My anxiety went through the roof in May (thinking about my upcoming trip), and I used meditation to try to deal with it. So more meditation is, perversely, negatively correlated with mental health. 

My sleep is ok, and resting heart rate is acceptable. That's all there is to say about that.



1 comment:

Liz said...

A break from the migraines is outstanding news! Whoopee!
Also glad your sleep is better. Coming off a period of bad sleep and grateful it is not my norm. I go to testy LIKE THAT when I am tired, so a big key to mental health for me.
Basically, I think anyone who is not ready to snap going into our third fucking winter of pandemic is callous or clueless, so I am without good metrics or even a realistic idea of what good mental health is anymore.
Liz