Monday, December 16, 2013

I Believe in Dog: Exercise Edition

I acquired the Totes-McGoats of exercise equipment about a month ago. There is no doubt I'm walking much more often and regularly since Rocky moved in. It gets me outside and moving, even when I don't want to. And I always feel better.
Rocky, the Totes-McGoats of exercise equipment.
I've discovered these walks can also act as an appetite suppressant. Aside from the obvious cleaning up after his elimination, there is also the gross stuff he finds by the road and enthusiastically tries to swallow in one gulp. For a fuller account, you can check out the dog tumblr.

Walking is nearly a religion for me, and it is such a delight to have the dog to go with. I've just read that speed matters, and by any measure I just amble along. I do aspire to running again, however, starting in the new year. Sadly, Rocky has some medical issues that will take until at least mid-February to clear up. He will be confined to quarters for at least a month after undergoing some grueling heartworm treatment. I'll have to figure out how I can keep moving. At least it will be the dead of winter, and staying indoors isn't the worst possible thing in February.

Snow! Yet there we are, outside on a walk.

No comments: