Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rubber Floor

I've got the opposite of a glass ceiling - I've got the rubber floor to my weight I keep bouncing off of.  I'm wrestling with real life issues, but determined to keep on track with this. I'm tracking my food almost every day - but the days I don't are the ones that derail my eating. I'm really closing in on what I can eat - and how much I have to move - to keep going down. Right now, I think it would be worth it to continue.

I counsel others that being fit is so much more important than what you weigh or how you look.  But me, I'm focused on the weight as well. And clearly looks.

My pattern of the past four years continues, but I'm struggling very hard to not repeat it again. Already, I'm at least prolonging the cycle for how long it takes me to regain those same 5-10 pounds.  Now, we head into the eating season, which starts with Halloween and goes all the way to New Year's. There are sad anniversaries in here, but being sad doesn't mean I have to eat. There are other things I can do to indulge myself.

My goal is to reverse the trend of the last two weeks, beat my pattern of the last four years, and lower my average weight by two pounds by New Year's.  Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Liz said...

wow, knowing what you can eat and how much you have to move to lose weight sounds wonderful, worth all the work you do tracking to know the N formula

congrats on your successes!

Liz


Nan S said...

Of course I'll never actually know, our bodies are too complex and always adapting, it's such hubris to suggest I can actually control it... But what I was really thinking is, am I willing to do what it appears it takes to get there? I'm wresting the weight at every moment, and letting up the effort ends up with the quick bounce upward link a spring with the tension released.