Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Moving in the Morning

Today was like moving through molasses. I did get a mid-week run in, but it was comparatively feeble. Compared to last weekend, that is. Compared to a month ago, it was awesome!

I ran for ten minutes, walked for three and ran for another five. There are three systems in my body that need to come together to make this happen - my heart, my lungs, and my legs. Sunday, it was my legs that were feeling it. Today, my wind gave out before anything else. My sinuses were congested yesterday, and this morning I was gulping for air like a fish. That's why I cut the second run short.

But I still give myself points for getting down there. I managed to get more than a mile run. I'm not too far away from trying to run outdoors!  I just have to keep this up.

Excelsior.

1 comment:

Liz said...

With mr. Allen, I say "Eighty percent of success is showing up." How well you do on the treadmill is second to getting on it in the first place.

Go, N!

Liz