Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Week on WW

My WW week officially starts on Monday (I don't know if that is a function of when I joined or if that's just what they do) but I'm not so likely to post during the week.  Here is what I'm thinking.

The tools are imperfect but usable, now that I've gotten used to them. They are different on the different platforms (computer vs ipad vs iphone) and I can do things on the ipad I can't do on the computer. Weird. But I can live with it. Some parts of the website simply don't seem to work. For example, when I go to the main page, there is a box with headings for my instant summary - but no numbers appear there. That may be function of using Chrome as my browser, I suppose.

The allowances seem really generous. I read that my allowance, 29 daily points, is the lowest they give. I was able to live within the daily limit every day except my Ikea  extravagance and the party last night. I had a couple of points each day to eat a couple of pieces of chocolate, my special evening snack. And I was able to cover the special occassions easily out of the weekly points and points earned for activity. But nevertheless, it is constraining my eating by guiding my choices and cutting back the snacking at night. (Evening snacking is also helped by my falling asleep at 9:30 every night!) So now, on the last day of my week, I have more weekly points left than my total daily points. So the trick will be - will I lose weight on this style of eating?

I weigh myself every day, and didn't gain as much on vacation as I feared (three pounds). I've bounced at the high end of this plateau-weight range all week, down and back up again. It's the average and the trend that matters to me, though WW is about the weekly weigh-in. Entering the weight on Monday stacks the deck against me - it is often the highest weight of the week, probably because of big and salty eating on weekends.

Ironic side note:  I mentioned WW remembered me from years ago. The weight I was then is basically the weight I am now. I've been mostly higher, not lower, in between. How about that?

No comments: