Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom

Things re-learned from re-reading Beck:

It's important to find a diet or eating plan that allows your favorite foods, at least occasionally and in small quantities. It's vital to know you can plan to have them. This is a problem with Atkins.

Sit down to eat. No spontaneous eating, and no unconscious eating. Be conscious of every bite. See your food, and satisfy your eyes.

Give yourself credit. You need positive reinforcement for doing things right, not more negative reinforcement against slip-ups. This is the only way to train a dog. It works on kids. So why not focus on positive reinforcement?

Today, I creatively found a good lunch instead of an easy sandwich. I treated myself to fancy water at the right time instead of dessert. I took a 3 mile fast walk. I blogged. I stayed on my feet along the soccer sidelines while cheering. I read Beck. I signed up for Yoga.

Yes, it feels juvenile and awkward to praise myself for small normal things but again, it works on dogs, why not me?


- iPhone uPdate

No comments: