Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Alarm Malfunction

I screwed up on the alarm last night, and it ended up going off at 5:45 this morning. That's when it goes off for my personal training appointments. I had planned an extra half hour of sleep before heading to the work gym.

Probably because of the time change this week, I was relatively awake and against all odds, got up and got going right away. I got in a great interval run in the gym, and even was at my desk early. This is very good, as I am totally snowed under. (I ran for five minute intervals, up from four. Grand total was 2.9 miles in 35 minutes, I believe. That can't be right- but I didn't write it down. Drat!

Never the less, I snuck out for a leisurely stroll around the block just now. The sun is at an angle these days, and I followed a different route from normal, seeking sunny pathways through the relatively low canyons of DC. I bet NYC is much darker from shadows right now, though glass buildings do reflect and disperse the light.

What glorious light it is right now! We are having a mild autumn and today not a cloud is in view. I'm sitting on a bench in a sheltered location in just my work clothes-blazer, no topcoat. Following the sun along a street I have never walked before, I found tropical cannas at their full height against a south wall, and robust blooming red roses blooming from a rooftop terrace just above them. While my only skin showing is my face and hands, I think I'm getting a full dose of vitamin D today.

Back to work.


- iPhone uPdate

No comments: