Sunday, July 5, 2020

OK, So We're Doing This

Summer at home, that is. With my hopes for this year's exotic adventure gone, it's finally time to buckle down and have a summer. I need projects, and I have many ideas. But in the meantime, "me" is always a good project. I had big regrets about being in such bad shape physically before my now-cancelled trip. Time to go ahead and do something about that. Also, time to get out of the house more.

I was up at 5 am today, by design, and downtown as the sun came up. I have lived and worked in one of the most scenic spots in the world for more than 20 years - it's time to continue to appreciate it. So, just a little walk around the sights, as the crews cleaned up from the totally irresponsible "celebration" held down on the Mall last night. We're in the middle of a stretch of hot and humid weather, and I decided dawn was the time to be cool and also, to be mostly alone.

Morning adventures these days are limited by my bladder. So three miles was the plan, and three miles got done, at a leisurely pace as I enjoyed the views. There were runners and tourists around, but it was easy to keep distance. That is good, because most people were only wearing masks when passing closely was inevitable. Me too. I was reminded how much I like early mornings. 

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and now I feel like my day has not been totally wasted. Walk and chores, both. Maybe I'll do something else, or maybe I'll just binge Star Wars on my girl's new Disney+ subscription.




Also, expect quotes from Hamilton to crop up any place I can possibly use them. Such as this post's title.





1 comment:

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Hi Nan! I love these photos and I want to come back and read this post and the most recent one when I can focus better because you are SUCH A GOOD REPORTER. Not surprising that grocery spend is up, since we pretty much are stuck at home....but I want to look at everything....I am thinking of Liz....if you talk to her, say hi. LOVE Alice