Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Ready

For the first time in a few weeks I feel ready for the week. I have leftover and ready to go breakfasts (cabbage frittata) and food for lunches and dinners.

My lunch was SO much food, but modelled after the lovely salads available at salad-specialty restaurants (flourishing locally but sadly none within a block of my office). I bought lettuce, onions and spinach from the salad bar in the cafeteria, added my dressing from the office fridge, and then my leftovers: half a hamburger and grilled vegetables, along with cheese, cheese crisps, and olives from home.  Totally over the top, but very good. I ate about two-thirds at lunch, and put it aside. It became my 4:30 snack, and with a handful of cashews while driving home I wasn't hungry before the gym.

After the gym I contemplated no food, as it was late, but decided to go for it. More leftovers.

I had a sausage and a half cup of mixed beans done yesterday in the Instant Pot. (I would like to eat more beans, seems healthy and carby without being sugar or white flour.) Very satisfying. Nothing in me was craving any bedtime chocolate. I don't expect that to last, but certainly wasn't going to force chocolate on myself!

I seem to have cycles, though my monthly menses are long over. Yesterday was an up day, not driven by extra good sleep or especially good food the day before. But appetite was reasonable, and I felt strong and happy at the gym. I walked a lot, even getting a quick mile in at lunch in the fabulous (not hot yet) weather. Last night was a terrible night for sleep, but with a good day yesterday with food (roughly 35 hours now since my last sugar) we'll see how the energy plays out today. Food today is planned to be identical to yesterday, with the added bonus of being already packaged up yesterday.

2 comments:

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Brava! I love this! That lunch looks delicious. Yum. You already answered the Qs you ask me and I like that—but how did/do you feel and wasn’t it a lot of work? (Well, I’m just sayin it’s a lot of work.....neat packaging, etc, making sure salad dressing is in work fridge....do you like the Instant Pot? Should I get one? Xoxo

Liz said...

Yay! Having food ready is a beast - I made salad last night, diced cooked chicken breast the night before, but need to hardboil eggs and get to the store for more fruit and veg for juice.

What does your bean recipe taste like? I cut back on potatoes/rice but would like an alternate side, and bonus points if I could make a big batch and then reheat in servings.

Glad the exercise makes you feel strong!
Liz