Tuesday, October 17, 2017

One Week of Good Eating

Last week I ate well. I cooked on Sunday and Monday, and then I ate the remnants all week.  I cooked sausages and hotdogs on the grill. I made lentils (in my new Instant Pot!) and brown rice. I roasted brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and bacon together. I sauteed cabbage and onions and scrambled eggs into it - that was breakfast most days.

I tried to take pictures of everything but it sure was hard to remember to do so. This is part of my mindfulness - take the picture before eating - to ensure I'm very conscious of the fact I am about to eat something. I got a picture of almost everything through Friday night, when I fell off a bit. There is one obvious re-creation. But even at the very beginning, I circled back to get some of the pictures. I had some treats, duly documented, but no sweet binges. Lunches were mostly sausages, my salad dressing, and greens from the work cafeteria, but I bought some fancy salads too.  The nuts are my afternoon snack. I find I want my bedtime snack - it fulfills some psychological need, more than any sweet tooth craving - and that's when the Doves appear.

So, zero new cooking during the work week, but not bad mix-and-match leftover creations.

So here, without any more commentary, is a week's worth of everything I ate last week (well, until Friday night, anyway.)








































3 comments:

KCF said...

I love this technique. May incorporate when i'm post-jet lag. What are the round, beige things?

Liz said...

Good looking food!
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Well done!!!!!