Sunday, May 10, 2015

Focused on exercise

I prioritize my exercise pretty high. Maybe even too high, letting some other responsibilities slide. But the exercise is paying off. I have mostly stopped meditating, but the exercise is major relief. I go to the gym twice a week where I meet my trainer. I try to run three times a week but it's really only twice most weeks. But I walk, as the weather is nicer. I've up my goals on the Fitbit, and am often in a friendly competition with real life and virtual friends. Walking is my religion, it settles me down and also settles down my voracious dog.

I like the way I look, for the most part, as a result of the diet and exercise. A week ago my boy took a picture of me before our 5K, and it's one of the few of me I truly like.  Not just (by a trick of the camera and maximum compression fabric) looking slimmer than I am, but self assured, strong and happy.

Today another great thing happened.  I was early at the big gym, and my trainer set up a seven-station circuit for me.  Box jumps, kettle bell squats, rows and side planks and medicine ball tosses...  Really hard work with timed periods and short rests. I was catching my breath after the second time through, and one of the few other folks in at that time, a twenty-something buff guy who had been working the weights, came over and said "I just want to let you know you are awesome! I don't know if I could power through the circuit the way you are."

How about that!

But maybe I shouldn't have celebrated tonight with quite so much chocolate...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Holy moley, what an awesome story! And it is a great photo. Happy and confident will make the other goals happen, so I wouldn't worry about exercising too much.
Congrats!
Liz
Ps having fun in boston