Sunday, March 11, 2012

Going the Distance

SO very busy right now - I really didn't need to lose that hour today!  I did carve out time last Sunday and today to get down to the treadmill, but I need more time than that to get ready for the big events (I'm now signed up for two 5Ks - back to back weeks - Silver Spring and Takoma Park.

Today was tough. I ran 12 minutes, walked 3, ran 5 minutes, walked 3, ran 4 minutes, walked three, ran 3 minutes, walked, then galloped for 90 seconds at a very fast pace, and walked the last minute to finish the 5K. I've clearly lost momentum on the training, because of life and perhaps running into inevitable plateaus. But I'm seven weeks out, and need to get cracking!

Today I did the treadmill 5K in 40:56. I did better a month ago, but at least I did it.

I love daylight savings time!  I'm contemplating taking running clothes to work and running on the mall after work. A Friday would be good because I would be much less likely to see any of my staff as I move around the building in my running attire.  Something to think about for this week.

So much interesting news on the diet and exercise front - the science of yoga, yoga increases your sex drive, statins lower your cholesterol but ruin your memory, more and more, but no time now.

No comments: