Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting the Carbs Out

Going down as low on "net carbs" as the induction phase of Atkins says to is not easy. I'm at 23 net carbs (the target is 20) and while most of it comes from a huge helping of broccoli, a lot of it comes from estimates of sauces I used in cooking. I am going to need to make my own sauces, or hunt out the few bottled sauces that don't have "sugar" listed in the top five ingredients. Standard serving sizes are 2 tablespoons; I've got to find sauces with fewer than two grams of carb per serving. I just bought some mayo with zero carbs - that will help in the tuna department.

I'm entering the week with a good stockpile of breakfast and lunches ready to grab and go in the fridge, and a good plan for dinners.  Sadly (for me), my boy who got an excellent book on bread-making from Santa has taken it to heart and is baking away. I can do anything for a week or so, and this week is critical to my mindset. I've got to make a clean break from the holiday food.

1 comment:

KCF said...

Clean break from holiday food. Yup. That and a return to exercise routines is it in a nutshell!