Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Transportation

Spring has sprung, and its time to get the Vespa up and going. It doesn't really give me any more exercise than driving the car, but it feels like it is (giving me exercise). There is focus, and attention, and tightening my core and throwing my shoulders back to get the right posture for a turn. There is fresh air, and sounds and smells, beyond what you can see in the car.  I show up at work with a twinkle in my eye, and a spring in my step.  Except when I show up shaking, having narrowly missed becoming a hood ornament.

I ran across this from an old abandoned blog:

Riding a Vespa feels like a cross between riding a horse and skateboarding in the sky. It's exhilaration and meditation, awareness and surrender, chaos and craziness and extraordinary peacefulness all at once. It requires being completely in the moment - or risking serious injury. It is so much fun.


Vespa Vagabond

No comments: