Sunday, April 11, 2010

Business Trip

Got a business trip tomorrow. Sadly, the whole three days with the same set of six people - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very little control of my eating, and no chance to opt out of the social piece and just grab some cheese while walking.

I'll bring along some cheese anyway, for breakfast. It's very hard for me to find ok breakfast food in a hotel since I don't do yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels or toast, much less sweetrolls or doughnuts. I love eggs and bacon but it starts the day too far into the total calorie budget.

Lunch? Likely to be a place that has fancy salads. I need to be able to judge the calories so I guess its dressing on the side - not my preferred approach. Otherwise, if its sandwiches, aim for the chicken or turkey (no burgers) and again see about mayo on the side.  Afternoon snack? APPLES (see previous post).  Hopefully available.

Dinner? Actually easier. Not likely to be really big food. I'm always happy to eat small portions of really good stuff for ridiculous amounts of money. Skip the desert, but bring some Dove squares for the snack so I don't feel deprived.

Probably shouldn't spend any of the calorie budget on alcohol. But I might have a beer - only if I've added things up before dinner and know where I stand. Or a martini? I should look up the calories compared to beer. I will not bother with a glass of white wine. Not worth it to me.

The overall activity level is going to be very low. Meeting in the hotel where we are staying. So all day just sitting around. There will be time between meetings and dinner to take a walk or go to the gym. I was thinking - perhaps some weights one day, but a walk every day. I could do crunches, etc., in the room in the morning.

I'll be able to check in from the road, time permitting.

No comments: