Monday, April 4, 2011

Credit Where Credit is Due

A lot of the advice in Beck's Diet Solution I had forgotten. And some of it is hitting home. She writes something along these lines: Many unsuccessful dieters focus too soon on what they are eating, and beating themselves up for eating too much. Instead, focus on the skills and techniques for how to think about this. Only when they are mastered should you move into actual dieting. (Sounds like the Karate Kid.)

So one of the techniques is giving yourself credit. I did somethings right today:
- I took a long and quite brisk walk at lunch today.
- I had appropriate snacks and drinks already in my desk and ready to go when I got the 4 pm munchies.
- I involved my girl in making dinner.
- I got up and started moving after dinner.
- I'm writing here.


- iPhone uPdate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog helps other people, like me

I am quite cowardly about this stuff but my own resolve to exercise more and be mowe conscious of what goes in my mouth is greatly aided by reading you

I hope you weere impressed by your list of what you did right - even in your "bad" days, you are productive!

I hope this doesn't disappear, please know I read every day but can't alwauys get back to commetn a second time iof the fiorst one gets wiped

Liz

Nan S said...

Thanks for reading and commenting! I have no idea what's up with the comment thing, maybe I'll see if there are any settings I can adjust. I'll try to get to it this weekend, though right now it appears we'll have more time on our hands.