Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time to Get Out There and Do Things!

I've really been sloughing off in my activity level. I blame it on reading, as well as the turn of the seasons and the overwhelming urge to den up until spring. But it's a fact: I was busy all summer, but I've really turned into a slug recently. Here is the data.


See how I've declined from my active summer.  Now, I've got to more consciously move. I don't think its about having a few peak, busy weekend days. I think it's more about moving every day, getting the low days up higher.

I've got a tool I haven't used much. I wear my magic armband, but I only upload and analyze the data every two or three days. I can actually get a running total of calories burned, or steps taken, during the day with my little remote monitor. I haven't looked at it much, but now maybe I can work it into my motivation - check calories before lunch, after work, after dinner, and perhaps amend my behavior accordingly. Since I've got the thing, it's certainly worth a try.

A couple of hundred calories a day difference should add up to a real difference in my weight. When I think about the relative difficulty of cutting out a couple of hundred calories, or adding the same number in exercise, I'm not sure which is more difficult. But it's clear which should be more fun!  I don't do exercise I don't enjoy, so adding back the activity is way better than cutting out the beer and ice cream. Now just have to find the time, while leaving in time to get to bed early enough to keep the sleep up too.

2 comments:

KCF said...

Good reminder: "adding back the activity is way better than cutting out the beer and ice cream."

Anonymous said...

your tools are cool

Liz