Thursday, October 14, 2010

Plus and Minus

I got my flu shot today. A very big plus- about the only preventative maintenance item I'll do for myself.

On the negative side, I hurt my knee simply by standing up wrong last night. I felt something move out of whack on the kneecap and thought "uh oh"! It is slightly swollen and hurts like the billy blue blazes. I did go to the gym this morning, and the elliptical machine was painful but walking on the treadmill was fine. And there are plenty of exercises involving the arms shoulders and core so that my time was not wasted.


- iPhone uPdate

2 comments:

KCF said...

yikes on the knee. I have had even small injuries get in the way of execise, which is always so precarious to begin with, so I applaud your effort to continue with other activities.

But I don't believe the flu shot is the only thing you're doing for yourself. You have written here tales of checkups and better eating and moving. Give yourself credit where credit's due. You're taking good care of yourself and it's getting better every day.

Anonymous said...

o h-e-double toothpicks on the injury, how exasperating!

Liz