Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kit-Kats Calling

The stress level is very high around here, as this time is fraught with overtones and echoes of other events. I postponed buying any candy until just two hours ago. Sadly, the only candy left at the supermarket was ... Good chocolate candy. Not good chocolate, but the traditional Halloween favorites of peanut butter cups, butterfingers, and my main nemesis, the kit-kat.

Three little girls are working on their costumes in the back of the house. This year, they get to canvas our street by themselves (before dark). I'm trying very hard to set a good example and hold off till later on the candy. I'm also going to make it a point to feed them some real food. They voted for taquitos. But from across the room, by the door in a bowl, the kit-kats are calling. "Just one, to test!".

So is the beer calling. The first one of either will lead to more. I'll send more dispatches from the front later.


- iPhone uPdate

Later:  8 pieces of Halloween candy. Not such a good showing. The bright side? It wasn't twenty pieces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a bright side!

for me the irresistible is the Almond Joy - love that coconut!

I swam today - it wasn't as bad as I worried, and I found I enjoyed it... THIS IS NOT ME. maybe your dedication bleeds from your blog into my eyes and is taking me over....

Liz

Nan S said...

I'm so glad you liked the swimming. For me the key has been finding things I actually like doing while I'm doing them, as opposed to simply being happy I've done it when its over.