Friday, October 8, 2010

Sunshine!

I get so much energy and optimism from the light. Today has been lovely, and we're expecting a terrific long weekend. I rode the Vespa in, first time in about three weeks, and every time I do I urge myself to ride it more often.

I got out for a walk at lunch, and stretched my normal mile and a half to two full miles. No ipod, no destination, just striding along (though I did have some really peachy sturdy green shoes).

Here is the route:  Friday Walk

And here are the stats:



Finish 12:11 PM - Average 19:40 /mile
walk time 40:55, 2.08 miles, 171 calories, climb 79 feet, stopped time 3:06
My walking seems to routinely be just under twenty minute miles. It's a really comfortable pace, and I think I could keep it up for a very long time.  Today on the way in to work, I saw a bunch of pink ladies walking for October breast cancer awareness month. The Avon walk I did back four (?) years ago was the longest walk I ever did.  At 20 minute miles, the first day (a marathon in length) would be nine hours. I walked that many hours, but didn't get the whole 27 miles in before I was done. 

This has been an ok week - at least I broke 2000 calories every day, and saw a new number on the scale for the first time.  More wrap up later.

No comments: