Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Slippery Slope?

I've been eating really well, and sticking mostly to the mindful eating and picture taking of most food. Lots of vegetables, and really no sweets. But for some reason, Friday I really really wanted my bed time snack. I went for a single dark chocolate mint Dove square. I know a single piece of chocolate is not going to make a material difference, but will it make enough of a psychological difference to start me down the "what the hell" path?  Or, is going ahead and having this thing keeping me from feeling deprived, and thus keeping me from an eating rebound?

I know that mindful is what I need to be, whatever the context around this. Stay tuned for how this develops.

2 comments:

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Hi Nan. This is precisely what I am grappling with. Did eating sweets at the holiday party last Saturday night open the gate to fruitcake, chocolate-dunked espresso beans and more this week? LMK what happens. I hardly think one Dove square will do it, though.....Merry Christmastime to you and yours....xo Alice

Liz said...

Will check in more regularly, and you have my full support in all your sweets investigations, but also want to know about prom ensemble!
Liz