Saturday, December 2, 2017

More food pix

I'm continuing to struggle to take a picture of all of the food I eat.  It continues to challenge me. A few days this week, I was perfect. One day, I totally missed each meal.  This despite thinking while cooking, "gonna pause and take a picture, gonna pause and take a picture".

Why am I bothering? Because I want the pause.  This is part of mindfulness. I may change my internal dialogue to "Pause and breathe three times. Now a picture. Now eat."  Unconscious eating has been an issue for me, especially in the evening when paying attention is hard because I'm tired.
Lunch at work

I am subbing in some very crude drawings if I forgot to take a picture. Doing that makes a record, but it doesn't serve the pause before eating mindfulness goal.

My latest photos are not just the food, but the setting, to show more context where I'm eating.

Remember, all the photos, bundled into a day at a time, are on the tumblr here (and linked at right as Every Bite).

Here are a couple of this week's pix.

The good news is this week was essentially all food prepared at home. Lunch is my meat, probably my salad dressing, often my special add-ins (olives, parmesan crackers, crispy onions...) and lettuce and spinach from the cafeteria.  Buying their greens means a much small container to transport, and I find greens not keeping in my fridge for long.

I continue to not do cooking during the week, but the past two weeks I've focused my weekends on cooking and managed not to waste a lot of food.


4 comments:

Liz said...

Love the drawing, and good thinking on the cafeteria greens. Keeping greens for a week is hard.
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Hi Nan. You always inspire me. The link in your posts isn’t working for me but I will go over to right now. :)

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Ok I got there via link at right. Awesome! Good looks yum!

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Sorry I meant food looks yum!