Monday, January 10, 2011

Calories Down

So I'm sticking totally to the strictest part of the Atkins rules and my total calorie consumption is way down - around 1500 total each day. Maybe its just because I've cut out the evening chocolate habit. Maybe it's because I pass up all impulsive eating opportunities, and am planning each meal well in advance.  It's actually really hard to eat as many leafy greens as the book says I should - I just had three cups of mixed lettuces plus a cup and a half of sauteed shredded red cabbage to go with my pot roast, and I got more carbs from the pot roast and gravy than the vegetables. (Side note on the pot roast - mixing old and new. Local grass fed beef on sale at Whole Foods sauced with Lipton's Onion Soup and Campbell's Cream of Mushroom - yummy mix but with sugar and carbs. Only possible because my mother was there to pop it in the oven by four this afternoon. I made mashed potatoes for the rest of the family.)

Tomorrow - egg spinach and cheese baked on the weekend, lunch in the microwave of salmon in pesto sauce on a big bed of shredded zucchini (leftovers) and for dinner chicken marinated in bottled ginger-lime sauce and steamed broccoli and a side salad. I'll do rice for the rest of the family with dinner.Yum, but maybe better bring cheese in case I feel like snacking during the day.

Gym pre-dawn tomorrow. Past my bed-time already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the food sounds really appealing

confetti in your direction for such good planning

Liz
I have bronchitis, feel like crap, and am not exercising at all and eating weird (and I am sick of bed and CRANKY, surprise)