Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to Regular Life

The storm is over, repairs are mostly done, and tomorrow morning will start back to full-throated work and school. I enjoy having my life disrupted by natural (non-life-threatening) events, but I'll enjoy being back to a routine as well. I only got one gym session in last week. My food was under control, in that I didn't eat any forbidden carbs, but I definitely under-ate in the leafy green department, as I yearned for hot satisfying comfort foods.

I'm fairly well prepared for meals for the coming week. It feels like I was in Whole Foods three times a day this weekend, but only for vegies and the food bar. Our big freezer is nearly full of stuff we had stockpiled, and we decided to mostly empty it before any more CostCo sprees. I've written down a meal plan, and I've got something defrosting in the fridge right now. I do have lunches for the week: tuna (most recent Consumer Reports says no more often than once a week), leftover steak and asparagus, chicken apple sausages to garnish a salad from the work cafeteria. Breakfasts will be cheese and olives, most likely.

I've reset the clocks; the coffeepot and alarm clock should work in the morning. One thing about the power being out: I stayed under the covers till it was light enough to move around. Not tomorrow- up before the sun to get a running start to work. Routine. I do like it.
- iPhone uPdate

No comments: