Monday, December 20, 2010

No Hot Water

No hot water at my house means... take your shower at the gym at work! And as long as you are there wearing your jammies and carrying your work clothes to change into, you might just as well spend some time on the treadmill.

Sadly, I was half-way in, really grooving on the "there's no traffic this early in a holiday week", when I realized I had no towel. So it was turn around and drive all the way home, back again downtown.  My workout time was cut in half, but still it was more work than if I hadn't done it. In fact, I had my longest stretch of non-stop jogging, figuring I had better up the intensity to compensate for the lack of time.

The good feeling lasted about three quarters of the way through the day. Not bad.  I may get more gym workouts in over the next two weeks, if I continue to make it a priority.

Me, in the seventies, eighties, and nineties:  "running?  not for me. on a treadmill? is there anything more pathetically boring in the world?"  (time seems to have tempered some of my judgmental side, luckily).

What has changed is the iPod. I couldn't imagine doing it without the music, which pretty much means the iPod.  During the Big Loss, when I was on the NerdicTrak in the basement every morning, it was hugely blasting very loud music. Now, I'm in my ear-bud bliss in the midst of others.  Whatever it takes is fine with me. Just as long as I keep moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time seems to have tempered some of my judgmental side, luckily
- you said it, sister! (about me, not you, tho I am still pretty judgmental)

towel is bad - I'm also not crazy about when I forget my underwear -lack of briefs is hidden, but me getting to the car without support - carumba!

congrats on intense jogging - with pushups, you are getting pretty hardcore!

Liz