Friday, December 3, 2010

My Day so Far

I had an all-day meeting today. Typically I hate these, not least because They usually mean stuck in one room all day with just trips down the hall every two hours. This was just like that- lunch brought in so we could stay focused. But, it was in a location and with timing that made it convenient to my metro line. I even had time to walk to and from the metro--nearly two miles each way. Crisp and cold, light in the morning, dark in the evening.

I brought my cottage cheese for breakfast, and I had ordered a salad for lunch. I passed on the chips and cookie when filling out the order. Good for me. But, the salad came with the signature flatbread in the bag. Oooops. Of course I ate it.

Walking home from the metro this evening, about a mile into it, I was suddenly overcome with the shakes. And discovered my stomach was growling and I was famished. This was a blood sugar thing, brought on by eating the bread. And maybe exacerbated by afternoon coffee. I'm so much better off being carb free all day, and more moderate in the caffeine.

A quick clementine to assuage the demanding insulin, and then dive into the freezer for instant dinner. Chicken taquitos have the right mix, since they are the relatively healthy Trader Joes chicken taquitos, not the cheese and fat laden kid's favorites from CostCo.

Another clementine and lots of water and I'm done for the day.


- iPhone uPdate

No comments: